Recipe by ROV Chef
This is a easy to make mojito syrup mixer. There is no alcohol in this, and this isn't a recipe for the mojito cocktail. You can make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for months. The best part is that you don't have to walk around with mint leaves in you teeth. I use key limes for this recipe, I think they have a better flavor than regular limes. If you can't find key limes, then use regular limes but only half the amount.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Fantastic make ahead cocktail recipe. We enjoyed it a lot! I reduced the amount of sugar by half as a personal preference and it was perfect. Wonderful idea for parties as well. Thank you.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil.
- Cut the limes in half and give the mint leaves a crush in your hands and add to the sugar and water mixture.
- Turn heat down to medium and let simmer for five minutes to steep the flavor out of the mint and limes.
- Pour syrup through a strainer and chill.
- Keep the syrup refrigerated.
- To use this syrup to make a Mojito, pour about 1 tablespoon (give or take) over ice, add your rum and club soda, mix well and serve in a chilled glass.
- Now I'm not giving anything exact here because I have always eyeballed it when I make mojitos. Just don't use too much syrup, you should be able to figure out a good ratio to fit your taste after a few tries.