Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Dinosaur BBQ Great as a marinade for pork or chicken, pour it over cooked veggies or potatoes, or toss it with salad greens.
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix together garlic, onions, and citrus juices in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan til just smoking. Slide the contents of the bowl into the hot oil - be very careful because the liquid will splatter. Simmer for 5 minutes to soften the garlic and onions.
- Season the marinade with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour everything into a blender or processor and pulse 3 times to combine.
- Pour into a plastic container, cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
This was a very good marinade for our chicken breasts.I cut the quantity way down since it was just for 2 breasts and I wasn't sure but I'll be making this one again! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
This marinade is incredibly flavorful. I have used it with chicken, pork loin and as a salad dressing. I almost always have a batch in the fridge - I will never make another marinade again.
Yum. This is good. Great for Pork roasts! Made for PAC Fall 08.