"The mojito, a Cuban cocktail, is made with rum, lime juice and fresh mint muddled with sugar at the bottom of a tall glass. We turned this refreshing idea into a brightly flavored marinade that works well with any light meat or seafood. Use on: Extra-firm tofu, shrimp, scallops, mahi-mahi, chicken, pork." EatingWell, May/June issoue 07. Below I have listed some marinating times for some of the meats, chicken & fish I thought you could use it on -- of course, with help from the magazine. Yield: 1-1/4 cups (computer won't accept any number that's not a whole one).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place shallots, mint, rum, lime zest, lime juice, honey, oil and salt in a food processor.
- 2Pulse until the shallots are finely chopped.
- 3Pour the marinade into a shallow baking dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag for marinating 1 to 2 pounds (4 to 8 servings) of your chosen protein.
- 4EXTRA-FIRM TOFU.
- 530 minutes to overnight
- 62-3 minutes per side.
- 815 to 30 minutes.
- 92-3 minutes per side.
- 115 minutes.
- 123-4 minutes per side.
- 1430 minutes to 1 hour.
- 155-6 minutes per side.
- 16CHICKEN BREAST boneless, skinless
- 172 hours to overnight.
- 186-8 minutes per side; 165ºF.
- 19CHICKEN THIGHS boneless, skinless
- 202 hours to overnight.
- 216-8 minutes per side; 165ºF.
- 22CHICKEN THIGHS bone-in, skinless.
- 232 hours to overnight.
- 2415-25 minutes, turning occasionally; 165ºF.
- 25PORK CHOPS bone-in, 3/4" thick
- 262 hours to overnight.
- 273-4 minutes per side; 145ºF.
- 28PORK TENDERLOIN.
- 292 hours to overnight.
- 3014-16 minutes, turning occasionally; 145ºF.
- 31*All cooking times based on medium-high grill temperature and cooking with the grill lid closed.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojito Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.7
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6993.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: