1/1 Photo of Mojito Jelly
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mint in boiling hot water.
- 2Place zest of 1 lime in with mint.
- 3Cut away skin and pith from limes and discard, place the sections of the lime in with the mint.
- 4Steep for 20 minutes. Strain squeezing out all the goodness into a heavy bottom pot. Taste to see if the mint is strong enough, keeping in mind no sugar is added yet so it will be tart and tea like. If not add mint extract or Creme De Mint or both. Add green food coloring for more intense green color.
- 5Stir in pectin and bring to a a full rolling boil.
- 6Add sugar and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims clean and apply lids and bands.
- 8Process in a hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes.
- 9Shut off flame for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove without tilting the jars.
- 11Set on a flat surface in a draft free place 12-24 hours.
- 12Remove bands and wipe jars.
- 13Label and store in a dark place for 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojito Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 200.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g