Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is an updated version of my Mojito Jelly - Lime and Mint Jelly
Make and share this Mojito Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 limes
- 2 -3 drops mint extract (optional)
- 2 ounces green creme de mint (optional)
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Place mint in boiling hot water.
- Place zest of 1 lime in with mint.
- Cut away skin and pith from limes and discard, place the sections of the lime in with the mint.
- Steep for 20 minutes. Strain squeezing out all the goodness into a heavy bottom pot. Taste to see if the mint is strong enough, keeping in mind no sugar is added yet so it will be tart and tea like. If not add mint extract or Creme De Mint or both. Add green food coloring for more intense green color.
- Stir in pectin and bring to a a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims clean and apply lids and bands.
- Process in a hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes.
- Shut off flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove without tilting the jars.
- Set on a flat surface in a draft free place 12-24 hours.
- Remove bands and wipe jars.
- Label and store in a dark place for 1 year.
This was a very tasty jam. Love the refreshing hit of lime! I made this jelly and took it to market gave out samples and it got rave reviews from all the tasters in fact have to make another batch!!
So very yummy! I can't wait to make more!