Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chef Michael Symon's take on the classic party treat. From Food And Wine, Feb 2008.
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml unflavored gelatin (3 envelopes total)
- 3.69 ml unflavored gelatin
- 236.59 ml fresh lime juice
- 236.59 ml lightly packed mint leaf
- 236.59 ml white rum
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar to a gentle simmer. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the gelatin over the simmering syrup and whisk constantly over low heat until the gelatin dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Put the syrup, lime juice and mint leaves in a heatproof bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in rum. Strain into a large measuring cup. Squeeze the mint leaves to extract as much liquid (and flavor) as possible. Stir well.
- Arrange 30 small paper cups on a sheet tray. Divide the mixture equally among the cups, then refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 3 hours.