Recipe by DrGaellon
Chef Michael Symon's take on the classic party treat. From Food And Wine, Feb 2008.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (3 envelopes total)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaf
- 1 cup white rum
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar to a gentle simmer. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the gelatin over the simmering syrup and whisk constantly over low heat until the gelatin dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Put the syrup, lime juice and mint leaves in a heatproof bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in rum. Strain into a large measuring cup. Squeeze the mint leaves to extract as much liquid (and flavor) as possible. Stir well.
- Arrange 30 small paper cups on a sheet tray. Divide the mixture equally among the cups, then refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 3 hours.