Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is a fabulous Mojito recipe that makes enough for 4 glasses. I usually double or triple the recipe and serve it in a glass pitcher that is garnished with mint leaves. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo! This Mojito can be made with either white or gold rum but don't leave out the bitters. ¡Vivas!
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was my first time having a mojito, I'm more of a girly frou frou type drinker, this was lovely for something different, tart, refreshing & using up some fresh mint from my garden, great stuff. Thanks!
- 12-15 small fresh mint sprigs, plus 4 more for garnish
- 59.14 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar, sifted (can use superfine sugar)
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice, chilled
- 177.44 ml white rum or 177.44 ml golden rum, chilled
- 2.0 ml Angostura bitters
- 473.18 ml club soda, chilled
- crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large container or bowl, muddle mint with sugar until the mint is coarsely chopped and the sugar has turned a shade of green.
- Add lime juice, rum and bitters and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Strain into a small pitcher.
- Pour into iced tea or mojito glasses that are filled about 1/3 with crushed ice and top each drink with 1/2 cup of the club soda. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.