Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Friends of ours made these for us as the prelude to a hot summer evening, and with one drink, this became our favorite new cocktail! Very fresh and light and a great way to use the mint from your garden. (From the cookbook, Viva la Vida by Rafael Palomino.)
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, to taste
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum
- Sprite or 7-Up soda
- Tear mint leaves in half and put in cocktail shaker.
- Using a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon, mash the leaves until bruised and crushed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except soda.
- Cover the shaker and shake briskly.
- Pour into a tall glass and top off with Sprite or 7-up.
- Stir once, garnish with a mint sprig and serve.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Gosh, splendid!!! You know what, I love everything about this recipe: Its sooooo easy to fix, it tastes so good(fit for a king or queen), smells hauntingly tempting and the colour is pretty too! Since I did not have Sprite or 7 Up soda, I topped it up with chilled Mountain Dew. This was really really refreshing!! I served it to our family friends' who have flown in last week from India and they went crazy over this; they kept asking for me. I had so much fun making this over and over again! Thank you for a DELIGHTFUL REFRESHING UNIQUE drink!
Thanks for the recipe; we love to make these for guests! We tried Mojitos while on vacation in Cuba and fell in love with them. Very refreshing!
This mojito was so yummy. It was perfect. Thanks Claire de Luna :) Made for All you can cook buffet