Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for a delicious recipe with a hint of Cuban flair? Try our tasty take on chicken with Mojito accents, garnished with asparagus and Fisher Slivered Almonds.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Slivered Almonds
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large sheet pan, spread the asparagus out and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of the olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, place the almonds on the pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil to coat then roast in at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil until very hot.
- Add the chicken and begin to brown. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender — about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and carefully add the rum and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer slowly until cooked.
- Toss in half of the almonds and place the hot rice on a warm platter.
- Top the rice with the chicken, arrange the roasted asparagus, drizzle the juices on top and garnish with the remaining almonds and mint.
First, about the time: the start to finish time for this meal is 30-40 mins with washing and trimming the asparagus, squeezing the lime juice and grating the zest, minceing the onion and garlic, then dealing with the mint leaves. That said, this is delicious and 30 or so mins is still a quick dinner prep. The flavors of the chicken, lime and mint are lovely and the almond crunch with it are so good! I added some garlic and a splash of the lime juice to the rice while cooking, yum. All of this for just 300 calories with only 3 g's of sugars! This has to be a keeper in my book.