Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent dish to serve.
Make and share this Mojito Chicken and Roasted Asparagus With Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 lbs asparagus
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb cut-up boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast 10 minutes. Top the asparagus with almonds and roast 5 more minutes, until fork-tender and almonds are golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar and cook 3 minutes, until soft stirring with wooden spoon. Add chicken and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add lime juice and carefully, off the heat, add the rum. Return to the heat and add lime zest, salt, pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken, garnished with mint, over rice with the almond topped asparagus on the side.