Excellent dish to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 lbs asparagus
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb cut-up boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 3Arrange asparagus on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast 10 minutes. Top the asparagus with almonds and roast 5 more minutes, until fork-tender and almonds are golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- 4Cook rice according to package directions.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar and cook 3 minutes, until soft stirring with wooden spoon. Add chicken and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add lime juice and carefully, off the heat, add the rum. Return to the heat and add lime zest, salt, pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken, garnished with mint, over rice with the almond topped asparagus on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojito Chicken and Roasted Asparagus With Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: