Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great and tasty summer recipe that combines the tastes of a Mojito and grilled chicken. This comes from the WeightWatchers "Sizzle It' book.
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 chicken breasts, skinned and boneless
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- 6 mint sprigs
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, orange juice, honey, garlic, cumin, chopped mint, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
- Transfer one half of mixture into a covered container and refrigerate.
- Transfer the remaining the remainder of the mixture into a gallon size Zip Lock bag and add the chicken.
- Squeeze out the air from bag and seal.
- Let chicken marinade for at least 2 hours, or over night.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard excess marinade.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a platter and spoon hot marinade on top.
- Garnish with lime wedges and a sprig of mint and serve.
This was really delicious. I accidentally put the chicken in all of the marinade so I had to make a little extra to pour over the top. Served with oven fried plantains and a rice and black bean salad. Great summer dinner.