From a Betty Crocker 'Super Moist cakes' mini recipe mag. Posted for safekeeping.
Make and share this Mojito Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) 'super moist' white cake mix
- 1 cup unflavored carbonated water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 15 fresh mint leaves, if desired
- shredded lime peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 13x9 pan with baking spray (with flour).
- Beat cake ingredients in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds; increase to medium speed and beat 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, boil for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until glaze has thickened slightly.
- Poke warm cake with fork every inch. Pour glaze slowly over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until soft peaks form. Garnish each serving with whipped cream, mint leaf, and shredded lime peel. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
I love this cake and everybody asks for it. Its better the second day. Thanks for posting.
I just made this for Mother's Day and it is Soooo good! Just a note: I did'nt have rum (shame on me!) so I used 1 teaspoon rum extract + 1/4 cup water for the cake. For the glaze I used 2 teaspoons rum extract + 1/2 cup water. The glaze smells like hot buttered rum, yum! I used regular whipped cream from a squirt can, which was easier. This is a great cake to use when you want something a little different than the usual. Thanks for posting it so I don't have to!
I just tried this one. Thank you for posting it. It was actually fun to make, and it's amazing!! It's my friend's birthday cake. Every time we go out, he orders a mojito. So I thought this would be a fun idea. I followed the recipe exact, and it turned out perfect:)