Kathie's Kafe's Note:
This is a condiment I got from the Daisy Martinez cooking show. It took a while to get it because her web site was closed down for a while but I keep this in the refrigerator to put on various food. Then again I love garlic. (I don't know why but I thought of Kittencal when I posted this)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup olive oil (gently warmed)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
Juice of 1 each
- 1Bang the garlic and salt to a paste using a mortar and pestle. Or you could use a cutting board.
- 2Stir in the onions, then the remaining ingredients.
- 3Taste and add a little salt if you like.
- 4You can make the mojito in advance, up to about 3 days, and keep it in the refrigerator.
- 5Bring it to room temperature about an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojito
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1595.4
- Calories from Fat 1461
- Total Fat 162.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2342.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g