Recipe by Kathie's Kafe
This is a condiment I got from the Daisy Martinez cooking show. It took a while to get it because her web site was closed down for a while but I keep this in the refrigerator to put on various food. Then again I love garlic. (I don't know why but I thought of Kittencal when I posted this)
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (gently warmed)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
Juice of 1 each
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Bang the garlic and salt to a paste using a mortar and pestle. Or you could use a cutting board.
- Stir in the onions, then the remaining ingredients.
- Taste and add a little salt if you like.
- You can make the mojito in advance, up to about 3 days, and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Bring it to room temperature about an hour before serving.