Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love this drink!
- 12 -15 mint leaves
- 1⁄2 lime
- 3⁄4 ounce simple syrup (made with 2 parts sugar and 1 part water)
- 2 ounces light rum
- club soda
- 1 mint sprig
- Add mint leaves, the juice of half a lime, and simple syrup to a highball glass.
- Muddle the ingredients in the glass.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice cubes; add in rum and stir the mixture vigorously.
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice cubes; top the drink with club soda; stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
This mojito was too sweet for our taste. It could be great with more lime juice. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for All you can cook buffet
One of my favorites! The simple syrup eliminates the problem of gritty sugar in the bottom of the glass. Still, I sometimes muddle my lime and mint with turbinado sugar instead. I don't always have fresh mint on hand, so I make a mint syrup by simmering 1 part water and 1 part sugar with mint leaves. Cover and refrigerate overnight and strain to remove the leaves, and you've got a great mint syrup that will keep very nicely in the refrigerator. If you're looking for a great mojito recipe, look no further!
Great recipe!! I'm a little calorie conscience so I made symple syrup using 1 part water with 1 part Splenda and it was wondeful. They had key limes at the store so I used 2 per serving. Sitting pool side and sipping on a mojito felt just like I was in the tropics....