Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different spin on the classic Mojito.
- 3⁄4 lime, cut into quarters
- 5 -6 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- Mash together the lime quarters, mint leaves, brown sugar, and water in a glass until the mint leaves start to bruise; this releases the oils and aromas in the mint.
- Add in the tequila, Cointreau, and ¾ cup crushed ice to the glass.
- Stir very well (don’t shake), bringing the mint leaves to the top of the drink and dissolving all the sugar; serve immediately.