Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is more like a dessert bread it's so soft and moist. I tend to use a little more pumpkin than what is called for and eat these with cream cheese. They are also fantastic as mini-loaves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix well the first 5 ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Pour into 2 GREASED 8.5x4" loaf pans and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from pans when completely cool (otherwise will crumble).
- Optional: add 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup walnuts.
As advertised, this is moist! And very flavorful. I added some chopped pecans also, and will try it with dried cranberries next time. My pans are a bit larger than called for, so my loaves weren't very high. I think I may just put all of the batter into one of my bigger pans and make one large loaf next time. Made for Spring 2011 PAC.
This is really a fabulously moist bread that has quite a bit of spring to it. Not as dense as a regular quick bread which I really enjoyed. I sifted the dry ingredients together in a bowl and added to the wet ingredients in two batches. It literally took me only 5 minutes to whip up and pop into the oven. I used a bit more than half of a 15 oz. can of pumpkin so I used more than a cup as well though I didn't exactly measure. It did the recipe no harm to do this. This is a fabulous recipe!