Recipe by colleenfitzgerald_11117846
I have been making this veggie & fruit packed cake since my daughter's first birthday. It is super moist and full of good things for you. It freezes well so you can make it ahead of time or make cupcakes and freeze for snacks.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, ripe & mashed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium tart apples, grated (such as Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour cake pan or muffin tins.
- Beat eggs well in large bowl, mix in butter, yogurt, vanilla and sugar.
- Add banana, mix well.
- Stir in carrot, zucchini, apples, coconut and raisins.
- Sift together dry ingredients in separate bowl breaking up all lumps.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet, without over mixing.
- Pour mixture into baking sheet, cupcake tins, or even bread pans.
- Baking time will vary according to pan style, bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top is nicely colored.
- Yields: 24 muffins/cupcakes or 12 muffins & 1 8-inch cake.