Recipe by LeBaker
This is such an easy recipe, to take for the Morning Coffee Break...It is made with a Yellow Cake Mix, Instant Pudding, & Sour Cream, to help keep it Moist...It's "Melt In Your Mouth Yummy Goodness"!!!
Top Review by Susie D
I made this in a bundt pan & overall was happy with the result. The cake is very moist and not as dense as expected. I was anticipating more of a cinnamon flavor and would increase the amount next time so it stands out. I would also take better care in swirling the cinnamon/ sugar mixture. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A chef.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together, cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, oil, water, & sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix together, with a fork, the brown sugar, sugar, flour, melted butter, & optional, nuts.
- In a greased & floured 9x13 inch cake pan, place 1/2 of cake batter. Sprinkle, on top, 1/2 of cinnamon sugar mixture. Layer the rest of the batter & then the rest of the cinnamon sugar topping. You can take a butter knife & cut through the batter, length wise & width wise, to help distribute the topping mixture. This can, also, be baked in a Bundt Pan, too, ( though it may need to bake a little bit longer).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top springs back to touch or toothpick comes out clean.