I chose a Duncan Hines mix and modified the directions a little bit along with a Wilton Buttercream Icing recipe. The end result was AWESOME!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box classic white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 large egg whites
- 2Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3Blend the mix, half and half, margarine, and eggs at medium speed until fully mixed.
- 4Pour the batter into greased pans. For this recipe I used two 8-inch round cake pans.
- 5Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 6Cool the cake while in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and allow them to continue to cool. After cooled then add frosting.
- 7FROSTING: Mix shortening, vanilla, sugar (sifted), and half and half at medium speed until fully mixed. If the frosting is too thin, add more sugar, if it is to thick add more half and half.
- 8Then ice cake to desired taste.
- 9Top with your own choice. I topped mine with strawberry pie filling. It was PERFECT!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist White Cake With White Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 63.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g