No baker would make a cake for our wedding once they learned of my husband's food allergies, so I had to do it myself! I made faux bottom layers, and used this recipe for the top layer of the cake. Super moist and delicious with icing! Adapted from The Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Wheat-Free Cookbook. Try Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa for an even more satisfying cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Add the boiling water and mix for 1 minute.
- Combine the egg substitute powder and 4 tablespoons water and mix for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and mix 1 minute more.
- Pour into a 10x13" glass baking pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.