Recipe by Nancygirl
This is an adaptation of Kittencal's Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs. I wanted to be able to enjoy meatballs without the fat and had not, until now, found a good recipe for turkey meatballs. I made her delicious ones for the kids and hubby, but changed it up with turkey and extras for me(and my waistline). They are not dry and the flavor is slightly sweet from the basil. I usually have these with homemade pasta sauce and ww pasta.
Top Review by SabrinaLuvsFood
Awesome meatballs! And they really were very MOIST which is exactly what I was looking for. Only baked for 20 mins. in the oven and then simmered in sauce the last 10 mins. Didn't add the oj or sour cream this time and was out of parsley, but will add next time. Family loved it and I will make these from now on whenever I make spaghetti.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- slightly beat egg, mix in breadcrumbs, parm, garlic, roasted peppers, s & p, liquids and herbs,and sour cream. blend well.
- mix in ground turkey, do not over mix.
- make meatballs.
- they can be baked on a cookie sheet at 425 for 30mins or so, or dropped into pasta sauce, which is my preferred method.