Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation of Kittencal's Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs. I wanted to be able to enjoy meatballs without the fat and had not, until now, found a good recipe for turkey meatballs. I made her delicious ones for the kids and hubby, but changed it up with turkey and extras for me(and my waistline). They are not dry and the flavor is slightly sweet from the basil. I usually have these with homemade pasta sauce and ww pasta.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- slightly beat egg, mix in breadcrumbs, parm, garlic, roasted peppers, s & p, liquids and herbs,and sour cream. blend well.
- mix in ground turkey, do not over mix.
- make meatballs.
- they can be baked on a cookie sheet at 425 for 30mins or so, or dropped into pasta sauce, which is my preferred method.
Awesome meatballs! And they really were very MOIST which is exactly what I was looking for. Only baked for 20 mins. in the oven and then simmered in sauce the last 10 mins. Didn't add the oj or sour cream this time and was out of parsley, but will add next time. Family loved it and I will make these from now on whenever I make spaghetti.
We love these! I made them as an appetizer for a party. They do not need sauce! I baked them and they were wonderful. I was out of OJ, so I used concentrate instead. I usually make triple or quadruple batches and freeze for later. This recipe is a keeper!
These are a STAPLE in my house! My boyfriend and I will eat half the batch and freeze the rest for a great dinner on a busy night. I have made them without OJ, sour cream, red pepper... still turn out great every time! For a little kick, I typically add some crushed red pepper. Thanks for posting!