Top Review by Lilladyc
This recipe was fantastic! It was also very easy to throw together. Cooking it in the crockpot was so much easier than roasting in the oven, and the clean-up of the crockpot was a breeze! If you want really moist turkey with lots of juice for your gravy, then this is the recipe you want! Will definitely repeat this recipe from now on.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon favorite seasoning
- 4 -6 lbs turkey breast, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In your crockpot, combine broth, water, celery, onion, butter and seasoning.
- Heat on high until it simmers.
- Add turkey, breast-side down, cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Turkey is done when the temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- When turkey is cooked, remove from crockpot and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, strain vegetables, and put broth into a large nonstick skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Mix flour with cold water and stir until flour is dissolved.
- Pour flour mixture into broth and heat, stirring constantly, until gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Serve with hot sliced turkey.