Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- In your crockpot, combine broth, water, celery, onion, butter and seasoning.
- Heat on high until it simmers.
- Add turkey, breast-side down, cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Turkey is done when the temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- When turkey is cooked, remove from crockpot and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, strain vegetables, and put broth into a large nonstick skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Mix flour with cold water and stir until flour is dissolved.
- Pour flour mixture into broth and heat, stirring constantly, until gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Serve with hot sliced turkey.
This recipe was fantastic! It was also very easy to throw together. Cooking it in the crockpot was so much easier than roasting in the oven, and the clean-up of the crockpot was a breeze! If you want really moist turkey with lots of juice for your gravy, then this is the recipe you want! Will definitely repeat this recipe from now on.
Thanks for the easy recipe. I skipped the butter and still thought the gravy tasted great. I added some Bell's seasoning for some extra flavor. I cooked it on low overnight instead of on high as indicated. I will make this again.