2 hrs 10 mins
Fabulous juicy and full of flavor is the only way to describe my roast chicken. I have done some experimenting with different seasonings and baking methods before coming up with the "perfect" chicken recipe. As I said before, anyone can cook if you are willing to take the time and put forth the required effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Most important, make sure you wash the chicken throughly with warm water. Place chicken in center of large roasting pan, a rack may be placed in the center of roasting pan depending on size.
- 2Cut butter into four pieces and pull back outer skin of chicken on both right and left side. Place two pieces of butter on each side of chicken and pull outer skin back to cover the butter.
- 3Next, take the bacon strips and place 2 slices of bacon on the outer right side of the chicken and place the 2 remaining strips on the outer left part of the chicken. The purpose of the bacon is to make the chicken as tasty and juicy as possible.
- 4Pour the 1/2 cup of Chardonnay wine over top of chicken and then add the remaining sesonings. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- 5Place roast into a pre-heated 325 degree oven and bake. You will be able to determine baking time according to the size of the chicken. While chicken is baking you should baste at least 3 times to ensure a perfect roast chicken.
- 6Chicken should be a golden brown when fully baked. After removing roast from oven, let stand 10 minutes prior to serving, don't forget to remove the bacon strips before slicing.
- 7You may serve this entree with homemade stuffing or baked Idaho potatoes. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist & Tender Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1371.9
- Calories from Fat 954
- Total Fat 106.0 g
- Saturated Fat 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 402.8 mg
- Sodium 1345.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 84.0 g