Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I hate cornbread that has sugar. I combined a couple of 'zaar recipes because I didn't have all the ingredients. This is really moist and the muffins help with portion control. This makes quite a few, so I always freeze the leftovers.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat creamed corn over medium heat until boiling. Stir in 1 cup of the cornmeal.
- Mix sour cream & milk until well blended.
- Stir sour cream mixture into creamed corn mixture, then add eggs and melted butter.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, salt baking powder, soda and cayenne pepper into a medium bowl.
- Stir into wet ingredients.
- Place cupcake papers into muffin tin and fill 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack.