1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Using a spiral-cut ham and adding this glaze makes for a delicious ham with a wonderfully aromatic, sweet, glaze. Using the water bath to raise the ham temperature before you begin cooking and then using an oven bag to cook the ham (techniques borrowed from Cook's Illustrated) guarantees that every slice is moist and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 spiral cut ham, bone-in (8-12 pounds)
- 1 large oven cooking bag, with tie
- 11. Place ham, left in plastic covering from company (and netting to make handling easier), into large container. Cover with hot tap water. Let sit for 45 minutes. Empty water and refill with hot tap water for another 45 minutes. This allows the internal temperature of ham to raise before placing in oven.
- 22. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- 33. Remove ham from water and all packaging from company. Be sure to remove plastic disk covering bone. Place ham inside large oven bag making sure that the cut side is at bottom of bag. Gather bag tightly around ham and tie. Place in large roasting pan. Cut 4 small slits in top of bag with knife.
- 44. Bake ham until internal temperature reaches 100 degrees (approximately 90 minutes or 10 minutes per pound).
- 55. During last minutes of ham cooking time, combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, paprika, and ginger in small saucepan. Once combined add pineapple juice and honey and cook over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Consitency should just allow you to pour. If not, add more pineapple juice.
- 66. Remove ham from oven. Untie oven bag and roll down sides. Any juices inside bag you will want to keep within bag. Increase heat in oven to 350 degrees.
- 77. Starting at the bottom cut portion of the ham, hang pineapple slices on ham with toothpicks.
- 88. Slowly poor 1/4 of glaze over ham. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Repeat twice. You will still have glaze left over for those who may like more glaze with their ham.
- 99. After final oven glazing, remove ham from oven. Remove pineapple slices (if you wish) to a separate bowl for serving. There will be liquid in the bottom of the bag. My family likes this added to the leftover glaze to pour on individual ham slices and served with individual pineapple slices.
- 1010. Place ham on platter and serve. Pour glaze and ham juices into gravy boat for service.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Spiral Cut Ham With Pineapple Honey Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spiral cut ham