Prep 20 mins
Cook 29 mins
Haven't tried yet.. let me know how this turns out.
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup soymilk lite
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup banana
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup pumpkin, pureed
- 20 drops stevia
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a small mixing bowl, mash banana.
- Mix in applesauce, grated carrot and apple, spices, soy milk, stevia, and vanilla.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, and sift if possible to get some air into it since their are no eggs to make it rise up (no big deal, tho).
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and fold it inches.
- If it's too dry, add more soy milk, and too wet add more flour, but just remember not to mix it very much, just fold and don't fold much.
- Take a square baking pan and line it with parchment paper so there's no mess and the cake lifts right out.
- (If you don't have parchment paper - you don't know what your missing in life! - you can just use Pam or butter the pan).
- Spread the batter across the bottom, it won't be very high, but that's the trick of making it cook evenly and without having a snack cake that's gummy in the middle when you're not using eggs.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy this moist cake with some tea and friends.