1/1 Photo of Moist Roasted Whole Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
I found a version of this recipe online somewhere and used it to take a roasted chicken to church for a special sampling of foods you can get from ordering foods from Angel Food Ministries. (http://www.angelfoodministries.com/) Everyone raved about it and since I am going to roast one for home today I decided to add the recipe here too. This is a well seasoned bird which is cooked with high heat for the first 20 minutes then cooked the remaining 40-50 minutes at a lower temperature. This makes the chicken nice and moist and very flavorful. It's easy and quick to prepare as well.
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 450 degrees before starting to prepare the chicken.
- 2Place the whole chicken into a medium sized baking pan.
- 3Rub the entire bird with the olive oil.
- 4In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and paprika, then sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- 5In the preheated oven bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- 6Lower the oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Continue baking for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- 8If your chicken looks like it is browning too quickly, Lay a sheet of tin foil over the top loosely and it will slow down the browning for you.
- 9Let the chicken rest in it's juices for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving. (This let's the bird reabsorb some of the juices and helps to make it even more moist.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Roasted Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 631.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g