1/2 Photos of Moist Roast Turkey With a Port Gravy
4 hrs 20 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
made 2 roast ducks, roast leg of lamb and a roast turkey for Christmas dinner. I have posted a recipe already for roast lamb so I thought I would post one for turkey and one for duck. I know you probably can't think of food now, but I thought I would post these for next year or other special occasions throughout the year. I only bought a 2.5kg turkey as I was doing other meats, so you will have to adjust cooking times if roasting a bigger bird. I stuffed mine with a fois gras fig stuffing, MMmmm, it was delicious but you can stuff yours with your favourite stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard giblets if inserted, rinse turkey under cold water inside and out, pat dry. Spoon seasoning or stuffing into cavity and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 2In an oven proof baking dish pour in chicken stock and half the port. Place turkey upside down in dish, cover dish tightly with foil, bake in a slow oven (130c) 4hrs.
- 3Remove foil place turkey right way up, combine remaining port with sugar, brush over turkey. Roast uncovered 180-190c for a further 45 Min's or until turkey is browned and cooked through.
- 4Remove turkey from dish cover with foil to keep warm. Strain juices into a pan, to remove any bits of meat and fat. Heat over a medium heat, mix a little water with cornflour, pour into sauce, stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Serve turkey with port gravy.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Roast Turkey With a Port Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.6
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 425.9 mg
- Sodium 454.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 128.5 g