1/3 Photos of Moist Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
Knitting Granny's Note:
Another favorite muffin recipe at our house. This recipe makes two dozen regular size muffins or 4 dozen mini or "gem" sized muffins. They keep great in the freezer and are perfect for a nutritious, delicious snack or breakfast carb choice. You could add chopped nuts and/or raisins or chopped dates, but my bunch likes them "plain". When you bake them, your house will smell so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry rolled oats (the regular kind, not the quick-cooking kind)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon dried nutmeg, powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Into a large bowl measure and mix the oats, pumpkin purree, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs and water. Let this mixture sit while you measure the dry ingredients.
- 3Into a medium bowl measure the flour, spices, baking powder and salt. Mix together with a wire whisk.
- 4Pour dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixtue and stir together just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Spray muffin cups with spray realease.
- 6Fill muffin cups a little more than half full.
- 7Bake regular sized muffins for 18 - 20 minutes, smaller muffins for 15 - 16 minutes.
- 8Let muffins sit in pans for 3 or 4 minutes then gently turn out onto baking rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g