Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This moist cornbread begs for butter when you take it out of the oven and it's even better the next day so you can prepare it a day ahead wrap in plastic and serve the following day, if you don't care for nutmeg then omit, if you like a sweeter taste then increase the sugar slightly --- serve this along side of your turkey or ham dinner :)
Top Review by Kristyl
This was very yummy! I substituted cream cheese/milk for the sour cream and mine came out a lot thicker - I had to flatten my batter in the pan before baking. Very tasty and flavorful, just the right sweetness. Next time I'm making it in mini muffins.
- 295.73 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 158.51 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml mace
- 177.44 ml canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 177.44 ml sour cream or 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 29.58 ml honey
- 236.59 ml cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8" x 8" baking pan, OR a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a bowl, toss together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and mace.
- In another mixing bowl, mix with a wooden spoon, the pumpkin puree, sour cream OR buttermilk (if using), butter, eggs and honey, until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture JUST until combined.
- Mix in the cranberries.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until edges just begin to colour.
- Cool to room temperature.