Recipe by Gloria 15x
So easy and so good. Most of the prep time is in the cooking. These are fall off the bone tender.
Top Review by sharonmcgovern
I've been cooking for over 20 years, but could never get a moist, not dry, pork chop. My mother is an excellent cook, but her advice did not work. I made this today and I've never had such a succulent chop! It was more-ish. It's also the first time EVER I've made gravy from scratch. Terrific! A keeper. Thanx. (BTW, I'm not a kid; I'm in my 40's!)
- 5 medium pork chops
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium high and brown both sides of pork chops.
- Dissolve beef boullion in the 3 cups of hot water and pour over pork.
- Pepper lightly and sprinkle onions over all.
- Cover and lower heat and let simmer for 1 hour. The longer the better.
- Remove chops and keep warm. If you want gravy mix 1 1/2 tbsp flour with 1/4 cup water until there are no lumps. Slowly stir flour mixture into pan and stir until thick. Can be poured over pork chops before serving.