Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- mix together butter and sugar.
- add egg substitute and pineapple, mix well.
- add in flours, soda, and salt, blend together.
- add vanilla.
- pour into greased & floured loaf pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This was a really good recipe. I also used 2 eggs instead of egg substitute and it came out really well and held together well, unlike some other breads that are crumbly. For a different taste, I also used 1/2 tsp of almond extract instead of vanilla and it was great! Thanks for a wonderful new recipe..I will be making this again.
This is fabulous! It tastes quite a bit like pineapple upside down cake. Easy, moist and delicious! Thank you for sharing! By the way, I didn't have egg substitute, I used 2 whole eggs and it turned out great.
This bread was devoured by my kids. They said it was the best thing they'd eaten in a long time and it's easy too! Thanks!