1/2 Photos of Moist Oven-roasted Turkey
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My family nominated me to make a turkey for Easter dinner. Since it was my first time to roast a gobbler, I gave the task some thought. The recipe I came up with was well-received by my family. I thought it turned out moist and favorful. I used a Reynolds' oven bag to roast it but you wouldn't have to do so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 turkey, thawed with giblets and neck removed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs sage
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 apple, halved (I used a Braeburn)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 reynolds turkey size oven cooking bag, if desired
- 1Wash the turkey and pat it dry.
- 2Place all of the herbs, all the butter, half the lemon and half the apple into the body cavity.
- 3Place the other half of lemon and apple into the neck cavity.
- 4Truss the turkey with kitchen string or dental floss.
- 5Rub canola oil all over the turkey and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 6If you're using an oven bag, place the turkey in the bag at this point, following the directions on the box. I put about 1 tablespoon of water into the bag.
- 7Roast in a 350 degree oven until themometer inserted in the thigh reads 180 degrees.
- 8My 15-pound turkey took about 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- 9You may want to adjust the oven temperature to 325 if you're not using an oven bag.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Oven-roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.2
- Calories from Fat 910
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 1753.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: