Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These stay moist because you boil the raisins and dissolve the baking soda. Mom made these and I don't know where she got the recipe.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine (stick margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover raisins with water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup hot raisin liquid.
- Add baking soda to hot liquid and stir until dissolved.
- Place margarine in mixer bowl and add baking soda liquid.
- Mix until margarine is soft.
- Add eggs and vanilla Mix well.
- Add oatmeal, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt blend.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cooled raisins.
- Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Raisins are moist but cookie is too cake like. Not very sweet either. On the dry side.
These cookies were very moist, they almost had a cake like texture. But they weren't very sweet and I only got 36 cookies out of this recipe.