Recipe by Sunni B
This recipe was handed down from my aunt. These cookies are so moist and have such a great flavor. You can add raisins or chocolate chips (I'm partial to chocolate chips)!
Top Review by Geniale Genie
Yummy! I was glad to find a recipe using malted milk powder!!! I did reduce the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and omitted the white sugar. Otherwise, made the recipe as is; added dark chocolate chips to half the batter, but I find they overwhelm the cookie's wonderful flavour. Yield is accurate, cookies are moist and tasty - they are everything they claim to be. Thanks for sharing :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour and soda together and set aside.
- Combine butter, white and brown sugars, pudding mix and malted milk powder in mixer bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well again.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- Add optional ingredients and stir well.
- Drop onto cookie sheet (cookie scooper recommended for uniform size).
- Bake for 10 minutes.