Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Aunt Bonnie gave me this recipe many years ago when I was still a teen.And have been making them ever since.Moist and soft with a mild flavor.Also makes a huge amount.Great for the cookie jar.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Next add applesauce and beat well.
- Blend all dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture.
- Blend well.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until set.
Fantastic! The applesauce made it nice and soft and I loved the cinnamon and nutmeg! Your Aunt Bonnie Rocks!
Not just moist - soggy