I wanted a moist, tender recipe and this one fits the bill. My own twist on a classic recipe. It's even great the next day! You can find the powdered buttermilk in the baking isle at Wal-Mart or your favorite grocery store. It keeps a long time and is a great kitchen essential. TIP: Spray cast iron pan with non-stick spray and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Pour in cornbread until cups are 2/3 full. Cooks in half the time and tastes even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- 3Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl.
- 4Mix together milk and eggs in a second bowl.
- 5Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in milk mixture. Stir about 10 strokes.
- 6Fold in warm, melted butter.
- 7Bake until a toothpick comes out clean or the bread is golden-brown and springs back when lightly pressed.
- 8Bake 20 min for a 9x9" pan or 10 min in muffin pan. 7 min for pre-heated cast-iron cornbread pan. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Northern Cornbread (Cornbread Buttermilk)
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 203.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g