Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good low sugar bran muffin, from Bob's Wheat Bran
- 1 cup bob's red mill wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups bob's red mill whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup molasses (or Honey)
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in nuts and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, mix, applesauce, mild, molasses, oil and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just moist.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
I wanted to find something similar to the bran muffins at HEB. These are very good and nice and moist. Big hit in my house.
These are 100% fabulous!! Moist and delicious!