Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicioius moist cake!
Make and share this Moist Moist Yellow Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 350°F Coat 9x13 pan with butter and flour, and tap out any excess flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and whisk break up any lumps. Set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl and mix on medium-high speed until fluffy and light in color, about 3 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla, and continue to beat another 5 minutes. Add yolks one at a time, letting each incorporate fully before adding the next. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add whole eggs in the same manner, allowing 1 minute between additions. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, and turn the mixer to low speed, mixing until the flour is just incorporated. Add 1/2 of the milk, and mix until just incorporated. Continue with remaining flour mixture and milk, until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Pour in prepared pan and bake until cake edges slightly pull away from the pan and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out dry with just a few crumbs, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool on a wire rack, about 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around the perimeter of cake, and turn out onto the rack to cool completely (at least 1 1/2 hours) before frosting.