Recipe by kansbaker
I like this cornbread because of its great taste. Moist and so easy to mix up. Also is good hot, warm and cold. I like to add diced red jalapeno or some chipotle seasoning for color. This recipe always turns out good.
Top Review by One Happy Mama
Mmmmmmmm! So delicious! I agree that I does have a slight quiche texture and I think that is why I like it so much. It really is a showstopper bread to add to your favorite winter soup. I serve it with chili, white chicken chili, or taco soup although I would eat it with anything!
- 2 (481.94 g) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 473.18 ml Mexican blend cheese
- 425.24 g can creamed corn
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 113.39 g can green chilies, diced
- 78.07 ml oil
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except the cornbread mixes into a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Now add the cornbread mixes and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.