Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I like this cornbread because of its great taste. Moist and so easy to mix up. Also is good hot, warm and cold. I like to add diced red jalapeno or some chipotle seasoning for color. This recipe always turns out good.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- Put all ingredients except the cornbread mixes into a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Now add the cornbread mixes and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.
Mmmmmmmm! So delicious! I agree that I does have a slight quiche texture and I think that is why I like it so much. It really is a showstopper bread to add to your favorite winter soup. I serve it with chili, white chicken chili, or taco soup although I would eat it with anything!
Power cornbread! Get ready to give your guests the recipe because this is outstanding. Give yourself plenty of time to cool the bread otherwise it can be too loose. Perfect with your favorite chili?