Recipe by Studentchef
I tried making my own little version today and it turned out real good. I would definitely keep doing it again, whenever I make meatloaf. I'm posting this partly so i can have an organized way of following the recipe.
Top Review by teresas
DH loved this. He said it is what meatloaf should taste like. (no turkey) Putting it in a 9X13 baking pan speeds up the cooking time. I made as posted with no changes. This is a moist and dense meatloaf that doesn't fall apart like some do. Planning to make meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup primavera tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl beat both eggs.
- In a larger bowl add the onion, meat, and oats. Mix well.
- Add the spices.
- Add the beaten eggs. Mix well again.
- Add the ketchup and sauce, and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a 9 x 13 loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until well done.