Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was emailed this recipe so actually do not know its origins but maybe it came from a newspaper. You could actually substitute any diced tinned fruit.
- 565 g mangoes, tinned, undrained
- 550 g mixed fruit
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- Place mangoes and their juice and fruit into pot.
- Bring to boil, simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add eggs, soda and flour.
- Pout into greased 20 cms round cake tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for one hour.