1/1 Photo of Moist, Light, & Fluffy Whole Wheat Bread
Sweet Chef Shelly's Note:
After trying Kim's (my sister-in-law) moist wheat bread, I HAD to have the recipe! It was delish! You HAVE to follow this recipe to a "T" if you want it to be moist, light, & fluffy... Don't substitute or skip any of the ingredients. I had to order the SAF yeast and Dough Enhancer from www.beprepared.com (which took a few days to get delivered, but it was worth it). The vital wheat gluten is VITAL! This is the best whole wheat bread I've ever eaten - even better than specialty bread store's bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -9 cups whole wheat flour (divided)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons saf instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dough enhancer
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups warm water (114* - 116*)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use light-tasting olive oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon liquid lecithin (found at health food stores)
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, put 4 cups of the flour, the yeast, the dough enhancer, the vital wheat gluten, and the salt.
- 2In the mixer bowl (I mix mine in a Bosch mixer), put water, oil, honey, and lecithin.
- 3Add the dry ingredients from the bowl to the liquid in the mixer bowl.
- 4Beat with wire attachment until it forms a smooth batter. (About 3 minutes.)
- 5Place the dough hook on the mixer.
- 6Gradually add more flour and mix until it forms a soft dough. Continue mixing for about 10 minutes to knead the dough.
- 7Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into 3 loaves.
- 8Place in PAM-sprayed bread pans and spray the top of the loaves with PAM and allow to rise for about one hour.
- 9Preheat your oven to 350* and Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10** If you don't use all white-wheat flour, cut down on the baking time as it will brown more quickly. **You can use red wheat flour, but it is slightly heavier. I prefer using all white wheat flour or 1/2 white wheat and 1/2 red wheat flour, but any flour will work.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist, Light, & Fluffy Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten