Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely moist muffins using up some of the millions of Zucchini that keep popping up.
Make and share this Moist Lemon/Orange Zucchini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together the eggs, oil, lemon rind, lemon juice,sugar, orange juice& Zucchine Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt& nutmeg.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the zucchini mixture, Mix well but lightly.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with paper cups or without paper cups.
- Bake in 450F oven for apprx 20 minutes.
Could just be me, but the cooking time on mine was half (closer to 10 min than 20 for regular-sized muffins). For mini muffins, it was closer to 5 minutes. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the muffins. They are best when served warm, so I reheated mine in the toaster oven to give that fresh-from-the-oven taste.
Very good muffins... I substituted virgin coconut oil for the canola and baked them about 13 minutes (kept checking them after 10 minutes to make sure they didn't overbrown), but otherwise I followed the original recipe. My muffins were very light with a delicate crumb. Thanks for posting...
Maybe they cooked just a little bit too much but they're still yummy. They're too golden, but inside they're moist. Since I don't like nutmeg, I used cinnamon and a little bit more. I used half canola oil and half unsweetened applesauce. I used only 1/3 cup of sugar. My son wanted to have a muffin for a snack at school. He likes zucchini muffins and he likes yours :) Thanks Bergy :) Made for all you can cook buffet