Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This seems to be the world's best recipe for lemon cake. I made it for an office party and everybody asked me for the recipe. It comes out moist and delicious! Source: Summer Desserts by Joni Schockett 1996
- 591.47 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml orange juice or 236.59 ml apricot nectar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil (canola works best)
- 14.78 ml lemon extract (I used lemon juice)
- 236.59 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice (appx. 6-7 lemons)
- 453.59 g confectioners' sugar (one 1-lb box or four 100g packets)
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan. In a Mixmaster, mix all the ingredients on low until blended. Then beat for three minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into Bundt pan. Tilt pan and swirl batter around the outside rim about one inch above the batter. This helps the cake bake higher and flatter. Bake at 350 degrees F just until cake tester comes out clean (appx 60 minutes). Be careful not to overbake.
- GLAZE: Combine juice and sugar and mix well with a wire whisk or fork. I mix it in a large glass measuring cup that has a spout. It makes the next step easier. While the cake is still in the pan and hot, poke deep (not to the bottom) holes into the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or anything that is round and about 1/3- inch in diameter. Make the holes starting about 1- inch from the edge and about 1- inch apart. Make about three rows of holes that zig zag so they are not in straight lines. Pour about 1 scant cup of the glaze SLOWLY into the holes and over the cake. Let the cake sit for about 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a cake plate and tap the top and sides, or shake gently to loosen. Let it sit for a few minutes and the cake should easily release. Drizzle the rest of the glaze on top.