Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is just as yum as my other potato kugel recipe (http://www.food.com/recipe/guilty-pleasure-potato-kugel-food-processor-266382) but without the schmaltz and the guilt. It's also super white on the inside, for those of us for whom color is important. Oh, and kids LOVE this recipe. Heck! Adults love it too. Bonus: This is a gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and casein/dairy-free recipe.
- 5 large red potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak peeled potatoes in water in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can peel the potatoes and soak them in ice water immediately after peeling and for the duration of the prep time. (This is what I usually do.).
- Using a hand grater or the grater attachment on your food processor, grate all the potatoes and the onion.
- In a bowl, mix together potatoes, onion, and all the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Then lower oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Continue to bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. The kugel is done when the center is set.
- Slice and serve. Best when served immediately.
Absolutely DELICIOUS. Easy to make and it's Gluten Free. The only addition I made was about a tablespoon of potato starch because it appeared to be a litte bit watery. I baked it in my convection oven 30 minutes at 450 degrees and 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Thanks LawyerMom for posting. :)