1 hr 15 mins
This is just as yum as my other potato kugel recipe (http://www.food.com/recipe/guilty-pleasure-potato-kugel-food-processor-266382) but without the schmaltz and the guilt. It's also super white on the inside, for those of us for whom color is important. Oh, and kids LOVE this recipe. Heck! Adults love it too. Bonus: This is a gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and casein/dairy-free recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Soak peeled potatoes in water in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can peel the potatoes and soak them in ice water immediately after peeling and for the duration of the prep time. (This is what I usually do.).
- 3Using a hand grater or the grater attachment on your food processor, grate all the potatoes and the onion.
- 4In a bowl, mix together potatoes, onion, and all the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- 5Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Then lower oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- 6Continue to bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. The kugel is done when the center is set.
- 7Slice and serve. Best when served immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist, Ivory Grated Potato Kugel/Quiche (Food Processor)
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 952.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g