Recipe by Chefella
I often use ground bison (instead of the turkey) when I make this, and I use a vegetarian sausage ("Gimme Lean"). It's really moist and VERY low fat, if you use the bison.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb bison meat or 1 lb beef
- 1⁄2 lb lean turkey sausage or 1⁄2 lb vegetarian sausage
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (dry, soy crumbles)
- 1⁄2 cup bisquick low-fat baking mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeequivalente spices
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first ten ingrdients and shape into a loaf. Refrigerate overnight (to let flavors blend).
- In the morning, spray crockpot bowl with non-stick spray. Slice tomatoes over the bottom of the crockpot, and gently set the refrigerated loaf on top of the tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with salsa, if desired!
- Can be frozen.