Recipe by kikyo7734
just as the title says. i adapted this from a recipe i found in a cook book on my mom's shelf!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unflavored applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffins tins, or line cups with paper liners.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup flour over blueberries, and stir to coat berries thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce, and in sugar. Beat eggs, and stir into applesauce mixture along with vanilla. Stir in milk alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.