1/1 Photo of Moist Glazed Lemon Cake
No one will ever know this is made from a cake mix! I used Duncun Hines Classic white cake mix and Sprite soda for this, but any soda drink that has lemon is fine to use, add in some yellow food colouring also if desired ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (do not use pudding added cake mix for this)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, lemon zest (if using) oil and eggs; using an electric mixer beat at medium speed for about 1 minute.
- 5Add in soda and beat until thoroughly combined.
- 6Transfer the batter to prepared baking dish.
- 7Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 8In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar with lemon juice until smooth, then carefully spread over the warm cake.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Glazed Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 417.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g